Re: How to use the template table in postgresql

From: Hans-Jürgen Schönig <hs(at)cybertec(dot)at>
To: pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: How to use the template table in postgresql
Date: 2001-05-30 09:15:32
Lists: pgsql-sql

stone schrieb:

> Hello:
> I'm new user of postgresql. My problem is that:
> 1. How to create template table? Is it right of ' Create temptable
> test(......)'?
> 2.My application is Client/Server, can I has some workstations create the
> same template table name on the same time? If I could, How can I do with it?
> Thanks for your help. Stone.

If you want to find out more about the syntax of a command you can use \h as
shown below:

myodbc=# \h create table
Command: CREATE TABLE
Syntax:
CREATE [ TEMPORARY | TEMP ] TABLE table_name (
{ column_name type [ column_constraint [ ... ] ]
| table_constraint } [, ... ]
) [ INHERITS ( parent_table [, ... ] ) ]

Temporary tables are only visible for the user who created the table - you need
not worry that something evil happens.
A temporary table is killed as soon as the session is closed.

Hans