Re: [JDBC] Ant ???

From: rjtalbo <rjtalbo(at)attglobal(dot)net>
To: Dave Cramer <dave(at)fastcrypt(dot)com>, pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: [JDBC] Ant ???
Date: 2001-05-27 22:04:56
Lists: pgsql-general pgsql-jdbc

Dave Cramer wrote:

> Fortunately with java it doesn't matter where it is compiled, a jar is a jar
> ... I just mentioned it in case there are problems

I downloaded ant 1.3-2 rpm and manual of the same...
Starting reading the instructions and said maybe I'll use python or perl..
Anyway I decided to roll a postgres install for my caldera 2.3 edesktop.
The configure went ok but onthe make I got two errors
right after the make confronted the python dir
make [4] *** pgmodule.o Error 1
make [4] leaving directory '/usr/src/OpenLinux/postgresql-7.1 yada yada yada

make [3] *** [all ] Error 2

The /usr/pgsql dir is empty
the /include/postgresql is installed with header files which on ran a
seperate make on.
My ./configure and make included make with python and perl but not java....
This is too much like work sorting this out....
The Team Italia OS/2 made a beautiful 10 min self install and I was coding
PostgreSQL in 15 min..
Postgres is elegant and powerful and DB2 is ponderous but DB2 and Sybase do
install easily..
I want my tools to install easily, like in the early eighties when we installed
Turbo Pascal and
dBase. The hard work should come into play after the install.. Somehow I
expected installs to to easier
in the new century..
: ^ ( SIGH.. I getting old..

Bob T