Re: Norm SQL?

From: Karl DeBisschop <kdebisschop(at)alert(dot)infoplease(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Renaud Thonnart <thonnart(at)amwdb(dot)u-strasbg(dot)fr>, "pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Norm SQL?
Date: 2001-05-10 16:19:00
Lists: pgsql-general

Tom Lane wrote:

> Renaud Thonnart <thonnart(at)amwdb(dot)u-strasbg(dot)fr> writes:
> > Which is the SQL norm of PostgreSQL?
> > I suppose it is SQL3 ?
>
> AFAIK, SQL3 is not a recognized standard. We are converging (slowly)
> on full support for SQL92, and we have some SQL99 features (and will
> have more over time, no doubt).

AFAIK, yes and no. SQL3 is not a standard. It was the name of the working group that produced the standard often referred to as SQL99.

However, niether of these terms appear if you search the ANSI or ISO sites. The actual standards are 'ISO/IEC 9075' and 'ANSI/ISO/IEC 9075', and they are approved.

--
Karl