Re: Translations and How-To-Do-Buttons ?

From: Justin Clift <justin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
To: Weiping He <laser(at)zhengmai(dot)com(dot)cn>
Cc: pgsql-docs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Translations and How-To-Do-Buttons ?
Date: 2001-05-08 12:45:38
Lists: pgsql-docs
Hi Laser,

If you've got Photoshop, then most of the images are in
http://techdocs.postgresql.org/psd

Just created a page of links for it :

http://techdocs.postgresql.org/psd/index.php

Everyone's quite welcome to take a look.  They're Photoshop 5.0 files.

:-)

Regards and best wishes,

Justin Clift

Weiping He wrote:

> Justin Clift wrote:
>
> > Hi all,
> >
> > Does anyone know of a good process to follow when attempting to
> > translate sites into Non-English langages, especially ones based on
> > Totally Different font glyphs than the English ones?
> >
> > The reason I ask, is there are now the beginnings of Simplified Chinese
> > and Russian translations of the Techdocs site at :
> >
> > Chinese - Thanks to Weiping He <laser(at)zhengmai(dot)com(dot)cn>
> >
> > http://techdocs.postgresql.org/gb2312/
> >
> > Russian - Thanks to Yuri Kozlov <y_kozlov(at)chat(dot)ru>
> >
> > http://techdocs.postgresql.org/koi8-r/
> >
> > Although the actual pages are in the correct languages, the buttons are
> > still english.  If I do a cut-and-paste into Photoshop of translated
> > text, Photoshop has *no idea* of these other languages, and procedes to
> > give the same character mapped into an English glyph set.  Very Wrong.
> >
> > So... please someone have good hints or ideas about creating correct
> > buttons in this situation.  :)
> >
> > I'm all ears... er... eyes!
> >
> > Regards and best wishes,
> >
> > Justin Clift
> >

> I think cope those image as *image* to do is more easy.
> don't know if I can do it with some tools, but I'll try.
>
> Regards
>
> Laser

     - Indira Gandhi