age() function documentation

From: Thomas Lockhart <lockhart(at)alumni(dot)caltech(dot)edu>
To: Hackers List <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: age() function documentation
Date: 2001-04-11 15:15:18
Lists: pgsql-hackers

I notice that the docs have commented-out all mention of the age()
functions, with the note that "These two functions don't seem to do what
it says here, or anything reasonable at all for that matter."

??

How did we conclude that, and how could these be confusing? I do not
recall any discussion on the topic, and I'll restore the documentation
until someone can refresh my memory on why these are a problem.

<grumble>

- Thomas