Can I use SPI in postgres.c

From: Limin Liu <limin(at)pumpkinnet(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org, limin(at)pumpkinnet(dot)com
Subject: Can I use SPI in postgres.c
Date: 2001-03-22 02:03:45
Lists: pgsql-general pgsql-hackers

Helper,

I need to create a temp table for each db connection. So, I add the
dollowing code into postgres.c
----------------
SPI_connect();
SPI_exec("create temp table tbl_tmp (n int);",0);
SPI_exec("insert into tbl_tmp values (1);",0);
SPI_finish();
----------------
right after
----------------
/*
* POSTGRES main processing loop begins here
*
* If an exception is encountered, processing resumes here so we
abort
* the current transaction and start a new one.
*/
----------------

I checked the return of SPI_exec and both are fine. Then I run psql and
got two error messages, which contradicts to each other!
-------------------
db1=> select * from tbl_tmp;
ERROR: Relation 'tbl_tmp' does not exist
db1=> create temp table tbl_tmp (n int);
ERROR: Relation 'tbl_tmp' already exists
db1=>

I checked the SPI document, but cannot find solution. Can anyone please
tells me which document should I look into? Or I cannot use SPI like
that at the frist place. If that's the case, is any workaround? The
base line is I cannot ask db client program to create that temp table.

Thank you very much

--
LM Liu