Rule not invoked in 7.1

From: Kyle <kyle(at)actarg(dot)com>
To: pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Rule not invoked in 7.1
Date: 2001-01-24 22:14:32
Lists: pgsql-sql

I have a number of views that seemed to work fine in 7.0.3. When I try
to do an update to these views under 7.1, I get the following error:

ERROR: Cannot update a view without an appropriate rule.

For example, there's a view that looks like this:

create view pay_req_v_prl as select
empl_id,wdate,seq,hours,hot,proj,entby,paytyp,status,poinum,added,rate,otrate,appby,gross,rgross,cost,ttype,expnum,oid
as _oid from pay_req

create rule pay_req_v_prl_update as on update to pay_req_v_prl
where old.status = 'appr' do instead
update pay_req set status = new.status, gross = new.gross, cost =
new.cost,
ttype = new.ttype, expnum = new.expnum, rgross = new.rgross, hot =
new.hot
where empl_id = old.empl_id and wdate = old.wdate and seq = old.seq;

The sql looks like this:

update pay_req_v_prl set gross = 90.09 where empl_id = 1010 and wdate =
'2001-01-08' and seq = 1;

The record it should update does seem to have status = 'appr' and it
updates fine on my 7.0.3 box.

Any ideas?

Attachment Content-Type Size
kyle.vcf text/x-vcard 185 bytes