Looking for both an administrator and a developer (2 positions)

From: decibel <decibel(at)decibel(dot)org>
To: pgsql-jobs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Looking for both an administrator and a developer (2 positions)
Date: 2009-05-16 03:13:42
Lists: pgsql-jobs

The company I work for (CashNetUSA) is looking to hire both a
developer and an administrator. The jobs are both posted at http://
cashnetusa.com/jobs.html. You can read the fine-print there. I'm the
senior database architect, so I'll give you my view of things.

CashNetUSA is a company that's straddling the fence between a startup
and a large, established company. We've been around some five years
now and we're not going anywhere, so you have the benefits and
stability you would expect from a large company. But the culture
still shows the fun, flexibility and closeness you typically only see
at a startup. We are driven and passionate about what we do. But
we've also moved past the normal startup mode of all-nighters and
running around with your hair on fire. This is probably the most
enjoyable job I've ever had, and I think most of my coworkers would
say the same.

The database administrator will work mostly with our IT organization.
It's a fairly typical DBA job, so I won't go into the requirements.
We have a fair amount of infrastructure in place, but we don't have
anyone who is dedicated solely to the databases. You will definitely
need to be a self starter and must have experience maintaining a
production database environment. Postgres experience is obviously a
plus, but not an absolute requirement. You need to be comfortable
with unix/linux (we run Debian). Experience with SANs (Equilogic in
particular) is a plus. You would be working in downtown Chicago, but
we're flexible on schedule.

The database developer will be working with myself and another
database architect, as well as our rails developers. Rails and/or
Postgres experience is nice, but not required. What is required is a
passion for databases. We're looking for someone to work hands-on
with database code; tables, views, functions, rules, etc. We do have
some complex reporting queries, but our BI group largely handles that
work. We would prefer someone with a few years of experience, but
that's not an absolute requirement. We would prefer someone in
Chicago, but would consider remote options. Austin, TX would be a
secondary choice since that's where I live, but we don't have an
office there.

There will be seven of us at PGCon, so if you will be there please
look us up (you might also send me a reply).

Resumes can be sent to recruiting(at)cashnetusa(dot)com(dot)
--
Decibel!, aka Jim C. Nasby, Database Architect decibel(at)decibel(dot)org