Troubles with performances

From: Guillaume Lémery <glemery(at)comclick(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Troubles with performances
Date: 2001-01-18 18:07:52
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi,

I use PostGreSQL with a Web server which receive 200 HTTP simultaneous
queries.
For each HTTP query, I have about 5 SELECT queries and 3 UPDATE ones.

Queries have been optimized, I have INDEX on my tables...
The biggest table has more than 500 000 records.

And I have big troubles, PostGreSQL doesn't seem to be able to handle so
many queries at the same time.

The server is a NetFinity bi-proc 400 MHz with 1Gb RAM...

What can I do ??

Thanx in advance

Guillaume