Problems in creating table while migrating from Foxpro to Postgress using JDBC

From: "Arathi,S" <arathis(at)cfindia-software(dot)com>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Problems in creating table while migrating from Foxpro to Postgress using JDBC
Date: 2001-01-18 05:47:53
Lists: pgsql-admin

Hi all,

I am migrating the databases from Foxpro to Postgress using JDBC.

I am extracting all the field values,type and width from the
Foxpro database and putting that as a string .

Ex: String stru

Name varchar(20),id int4(4)

And then I have another string 'Query' which says
create table table_name( stru).

I am getting Error:Parser error at or near "(".

This is because of the brackets for the width.

If I don't specify the width, then I am able to create the table with
the default width for the respective type.I am using the
PreparedStatement .
(i.e)
PreparedStatement pst =con.preparestatement(Query);

pst.executeUpdate();

Please help me out with this. It's urgent.

Arathi.