Re: patch for BETWEEN [ASYMMETRIC|SYMMETRIC]

From: Thomas Lockhart <lockhart(at)alumni(dot)caltech(dot)edu>
To: "Robert B(dot) Easter" <reaster(at)comptechnews(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-patches(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: patch for BETWEEN [ASYMMETRIC|SYMMETRIC]
Date: 2001-01-11 03:32:54
Lists: pgsql-patches

> This was a trivial thing to implement in the parser (unless I overlooked
> something!). Please review it and let me know if I missed something. This
> adds SQL-1999 BETWEEN [ASYMMETRIC|SYMMETRIC] language. Hopefully it's not
> considered just SQL bloat. ;)

No more bloat than in the rest of the language ;)

I *assume* that this will have trouble making it in to 7.1, and since
keywords are likely added this may have trouble with 7.1.x (not sure
about that; perhaps the lex-generated token values never make it into
the database tables, but they *do* propagate into structures used deeper
in the backend).

- Thomas