Re: Re: GNU readline and BSD license

From: Thomas Lockhart <lockhart(at)alumni(dot)caltech(dot)edu>
To: mlw <markw(at)mohawksoft(dot)com>
Cc: Hackers List <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Re: GNU readline and BSD license
Date: 2000-12-26 18:08:47
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> (3) Postgres already distributes source, although it does not appear
> that is required. pgsql inc's desire to have a two year closed source,
> they would have to make sure they made available any changes they make
> to GNU source.

This is a misinterpretation of our intent. As we've said repeatedly in
the past, any restricted distribution of our products would apply to
*layered* products and to other items not considered part of the
PostgreSQL core, and for a period of time allowing cost recovery. No
hard two year limit, and no restricted distro on anything one might
reasonably feel entitled to receiving gratis.

Sorry for any confusion.

- Thomas