Speed

From: Karla Peralta <karlaper(at)elrosado(dot)com>
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Speed
Date: 2000-12-20 16:48:59
Lists: pgsql-novice

Hi,

I have a little problem but it's very important for us.

I use a diskless server with RedHat and two stations for now. I use
Flagship to compile the programs in clipper and SQLkit_pg to comunicate
with postgresql.

Everything is ok until I run the application in two stations. They start

fine, but after some minutes they stop for about 30 seconds, I use the
command top for monitoring the process and on that moment the postmaster

disappears. Later they continue with the process and the postmaster
appears again.

It stops after the program do an insert, but not in all of this inserts.

When I run just one station, don't have this problem.

Server
Architecture : Pentium II
Memory : 64Mb
Operating System : RedHat 6.2
PostgreSQL version : 7.0.3-2
Compiler used : FlagShip-4.48-7451
Others : FS2tools-4.48-7451
SQLkit_PG-1.00

Client - Diskless
Memory : 16Mb
Architecture : Pentium
Printer : TM930 Paralell Port

My database is 268 Mb, 60 tables, the largest table has about 181659
rows and 46 columns. I'm using index in each table.

Can you help me, please ???

Regards,

Karla