Trigger question

From: Sandeep Joshi <sjoshi(at)Zambeel(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, "Robert B(dot) Easter" <reaster(at)comptechnews(dot)com>, Sandeep Joshi <sjoshi(at)Zambeel(dot)com>, Alfred Perlstein <bright(at)wintelcom(dot)net>, pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Trigger question
Date: 2000-12-19 00:12:32
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi,

When I start my postmaster with "-i" option I get following error while trying
to connect to other
databae.

FATAL: StreamServerPort: bind() failed: Address already in use
Is another postmaster already running on that port?
If not, remove socket node (/tmp/.s.PGSQL.5432) and retry.
/work/posgresql/bin/postmaster: cannot create UNIX stream port

any hints, remarks?

I understand what I am trying to do is POSSIBLE but has anybody really tried it?

regards,
Sandeep