ECPG could not connect to the database.

From: Joachim Jaeckel <Joachim(dot)Jaeckel(at)coffeebreak(dot)de>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: ECPG could not connect to the database.
Date: 2000-12-04 09:11:00
Lists: pgsql-general

Hello,

I´m trying to use embedded sql with postgresql through ecpg. But if I
try to make a connection to my database, I get the following error at
runtime:

Could not connect to database buecher(at)localhost in line 18.
(I´m using postgresql 7.0.2)

psql and the jdbc is working, but not the ecpg connection.

I tried the follwing connect statements:

exec sql connect to buecher;
exec sql connect to buecher user joe;
exec sql connect to buecher user joe identified by blubber;

and everything ends in the same message.

Do I have to configure something additionally for ecpg? Or anything else
special?

Hope you could help me?

Thanks in advance.
Joachim.