Re: Trigger question

From: Nelio Alves Pereira Filho <nelio(at)ifx(dot)com(dot)br>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Trigger question
Date: 2000-11-27 17:08:36
Lists: pgsql-general

I got it.
But here's what I need to do: after any modification on the table, I
must run a procedure that will do some calculation, and then set these
values for each row. This calculation establishes relationships between
rows, and builds logically a tree. To accomplish all that, first I need
to unset some values, so I decided to use the BEFORE trigger to unset
these values, and the AFTER trigger to do this calculation.

Will I have to use explicit queries? And what's the real purpose of the
AFTER trigger?

Thanks

--
Nelio Alves Pereira Filho