initdb failure

From: "Kevin O'Gorman" <kogorman(at)pacbell(dot)net>
To: PGSQL Hackers List <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: initdb failure
Date: 2000-11-09 18:44:51
Lists: pgsql-hackers

I'm just catching up to the tip of the current tree, and find
that I have a reported failure in initdb. It seems to go through
(most of) the steps, and just reports failure. I can thereafter
start a backend using an old RedHat script (which tries to run
initdb again but can't because the directory is not empty), and
it goes okay.

I've attached a capture of the initdb run. There's not much to
go on there....

++ kevin

--
Kevin O'Gorman (805) 650-6274 mailto:kogorman(at)pacbell(dot)net
Permanent e-mail forwarder: mailto:Kevin.O'Gorman(dot)64(at)Alum(dot)Dartmouth(dot)org

"There is a freedom lying beyond circumstance,
derived from the direct intuition that life can
be grounded upon its absorption in what is
changeless amid change"
-- Alfred North Whitehead

Attachment Content-Type Size
typescript text/plain 901 bytes