Re: JDBC 'Unterminated quoted string'

From: Grant Finnemore <gaf(at)ucs(dot)co(dot)za>
To: Christopher Farley <chris(at)northernbrewer(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: JDBC 'Unterminated quoted string'
Date: 2000-11-09 04:54:49
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

Christopher,

I would suggest that you examine the query that arrives at the backend.
(Start the postmaster with the -d2 switch)

This should at least give you the source of the unterminated string, and
presumably, we can then trace it through the execution of the JDBC driver.

Offhand, I would suggest that one of the string fields in the insert has a '
character inside. AFAIK the postgresql jdbc driver does not automatically
escape this character. The correct escape would be ''.

Regards,
Grant

--
> Poorly planned software requires a genius to write it
> and a hero to use it.

Grant Finnemore BSc(Eng) (mailto:gaf(at)ucs(dot)co(dot)za)
Software Engineer Universal Computer Services
Tel (+27)(11)712-1366 PO Box 31266 Braamfontein 2017, South Africa
Cell (+27)(82)604-5536 20th Floor, 209 Smit St., Braamfontein
Fax (+27)(11)339-3421 Johannesburg, South Africa