Re: JDBC support

From: Thomas Lockhart <lockhart(at)alumni(dot)caltech(dot)edu>
To: "Ray S(dot) Cunningham" <rcunningham(at)ispring(dot)com>, Vince Vielhaber <vev(at)michvhf(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: JDBC support
Date: 2000-08-29 04:26:46
Lists: pgsql-interfaces
> On your website it states that you offer JDBC support ...

Right.

> I could not locate the JDBC driver in the download area of your website.
> All I see is the ODBC driver.  When you say you offer a JDBC connection
> interface, do you mean only JDBC-ODBC bridge?  If so, when will you offer a
> native JDBC driver?  Thanks.

We have a native JDBC driver. It is included in the distribution
tarball, in RPM and other packages, and is also available from Peter
Mount's web site (cross referenced from the Postgres website). The
latter will have more frequent releases than that of Postgres itself
(Peter is the principal author of the package).

I'm not finding the package cross references on our newly redesigned web
site. Vince? I recall you saying something about this just recently, but
my mind is a clean slate ;)

                     - Thomas