Re: Great Bridge benchmark results for Postgres, 4 others

From: Ned Lilly <ned(at)greatbridge(dot)com>
To: Fabrice Scemama <fabrice(at)scemama(dot)org>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Great Bridge benchmark results for Postgres, 4 others
Date: 2000-08-16 14:33:27
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi Fabrice,

We just ran the benchmarks, the same software that the trade magazines use when they're
evaluating commercial products. The results speak for themselves.

We certainly don't want to over-boast... and I can assure you that every assertion in
that story was double and triple-checked for accuracy. People can draw their own
conclusions from the results - like all benchmarks, it's only useful inasmuch as it
gives you a directional indicator about the capabilities of the product. Particularly
in this case, since it was only a single-processor machine with only 1-100 users. But
we wanted to share the results of our testing with the community, and perhaps stimulate
more formal testing by other "unbiased" parties (e.g. the technical trade press).

Regards,
Ned