Problems with view

From: Carsten Zerbst <zerbst(at)tu-harburg(dot)de>
To: "pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Problems with view
Date: 2000-08-16 08:56:28
Lists: pgsql-general

Hello If got a problem creating a view.

My DB has (among others :-) the following table (shorted a bit):

CREATE TABLE "adressen" (
"adrid" int4 NOT NULL,
"name1" character varying(100) NOT NULL,
PRIMARY KEY ("adrid")
);

CREATE TABLE "mitglieder" (
"mitid" int4 PRIMARY KEY,
"name" character varying(100) NOT NULL,
"anschrift" int4 references adressen(adrid),
"postanschrift" int4 references adressen(adrid),
"firmenanschrift" int4 references adressen(adrid)
);

containing now several thousand members of technical society. For
letters etc. I like to combine postgres with Soffice, which works fine.
But I need a view, wich contains something like this:

select mitlieder.name, adressen.name1 where mitglieder.mitid in (some
conditions on the members) and adressen.adrid = the adrid saved in
mitglieder.anschrift of each mitglieder.mitid

The latter is a real pain, I tried it over and over to define a query
which gives me the desired result.

Desired waiting for advice, Carsten

--
Dipl. Ing. Carsten Zerbst | Express your needs for the
| 2. European Tcl Conference 2001 !
zerbst(at)tu-harburg(dot)de |
http://www.tu-harburg.de/~skfcz | http://www.tu-harburg.de/skf/tcltk