PL/pgSQL

From: Jie Liang <jliang(at)ipinc(dot)com>
To: pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: PL/pgSQL
Date: 2000-08-07 20:00:04
Lists: pgsql-sql

Hi, there,
1.
Is anybody know how to declare a explicit cursor in PL/SQL in postgres?
1. I want create a function use PL/pgSQL:
create function foo() returns whatevertype as '
declare
v_asda int2;
cursor is select a,b,c from AAA; -- what is the syntex?
begin
statements
end;
' langauge 'plpgsql';
2. for the record type, can I explicitly define my own record like:
declare
type blah is record(ename text,job text,id int 4);
type blahblah is table of blah index by int4; -- like in
Oracle

3. how to define an array in PL/pgSQL declare block and assign it in
execuable block?
like:
declare
ary int[5]; -- in PL/pgSQL maybe is _int;
began
ary[1]:= 3; -- give me error when I run it;
end;

Thanks.

--
Jie LIANG