user password problem

From: julien piaser <jpiaser(at)lxsolutions(dot)com>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: user password problem
Date: 2000-07-27 08:04:15
Lists: pgsql-admin

I'm using postgresql7.0.2 on Linux Redhat 6.1.

It seems that any user can log in psql with any other user account
without giving any password

i.e: if I'm logged in a shell as julien (who is a single user, not an
administrator) I just have to write: psql -U postgres mydatabase to go
into mydatabase with postgres permissions, without giving any password
(or a wrong one as well)

Not really securised... any suggestions?

regards

J.Piaser