Re: MySQL comparison

From: Chris Bitmead <chrisb(at)nimrod(dot)itg(dot)telstra(dot)com(dot)au>
To: nonsolosoft(at)diff(dot)org
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)hub(dot)org
Subject: Re: MySQL comparison
Date: 2000-07-19 03:52:02
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Ferruccio Zamuner wrote:

> - MySQL is a fully multi-threaded using kernel threads.
> PostgreSQL has a number of back-end processes defined at compile time, by
> default 32.

It's better not to mention this. I used to work for a database vendor
with a process model (i.e. like postgres), and we could still beat the
opposition who had a threaded model. The bottom line is that
thread/process isn't that important. We even used to beat the opposition
in number of databases/connections, by a huge margin. It's an
implementation detail. Don't confuse people by throwing it up.