performance question

From: ernie cline <ernie(dot)cline(at)ipgdirect(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: performance question
Date: 2000-07-13 18:09:51
Lists: pgsql-general

Hello all,
Quick question. I am using postgres 7.0. When running a select query,
does postgres lock the row (or table) while doing a select? Only on an
insert/update/delete, right? We are experiencing some performance
problems when running 2 programs that access the database at once (only
doing querys, and not even complex ones).

-ernie