Re: Can not access PostgreSQL 8.8 via ADO

From: Richard Broersma <richard(dot)broersma(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Josef Springer <Josef(dot)Springer(at)joops(dot)com>
Cc: Chander Ganesan <chander(at)otg-nc(dot)com>, pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Can not access PostgreSQL 8.8 via ADO
Date: 2010-03-25 14:43:02
Lists: pgsql-admin

On Thu, Mar 25, 2010 at 7:35 AM, Josef Springer
<Josef(dot)Springer(at)joops(dot)com> wrote:
> Thanks for quick answer. Sorry, this was a misstype. We are using 8.4 not
> 8.8.
>
> We are using the OLEDB-Provider for ADO.
> On 8.2 the connectionstring works, on 8,4 it does not work.
> The database is local and accessed with localhost.
> An application, whitch acceses the database via an ODBC-driver works. Only
> ADO does not work. (ADO error *80004005.* )

If you notice the oledb driver is still marked beta and is not
production ready. It also looks like it was last updated 4 years ago.

http://pgfoundry.org/projects/oledb/

You should probably use the odbc driver since it is production ready
and actively supported.

http://www.postgresql.org/ftp/odbc/versions/msi/

--
Regards,