Planning January's LAPUG meeting

From: Richard Broersma <richard(dot)broersma(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Los Angeles PostgreSQL Users Group <lapug(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Planning January's LAPUG meeting
Date: 2009-10-21 21:31:14
Lists: lapug

We're scheduling the next LAPUG meeting for January. In the mean
time, we need individuals to volunteer as speakers.

There were several subjects requested by the group prior to the start
of the last meeting. Also, a request was made to have LAPUG meeting
bi-monthly rather than monthly. How does everyone feel about this
idea?

Some of the requests were:

Migration - ( MySQL | Oracle )
Replication - ( Slony | Bucardo | Log Shipping )
Connection Pools ( pgPool2 | pgBouncer )
PostGIS
Full Text Search
Query Planner
GUCs (i.e. tunables)
Explain [ Analyze ]

These are good topics for to deliver for anyone experienced with these
subjects or even interested in learning about them.

For those that might be interested in presenting but would like
additional assistance, there are many resources available for
assistance. For example presentations for this subjects were already
developed on many of these subjects. Both the slides and video's area
available online.

http://vimeo.com/channels/postgres
http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=postgres&search_type=&aq=f

Reference Slides can be found here:
http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/PostgreSQL_Related_Slides_and_Presentations

I highly encourage everyone to give presenting a try!

--
Regards,
Richard Broersma Jr.

http://pugs.postgresql.org/lapug