Re: Food for Friday's Meeting

From: "Richard Broersma" <richard(dot)broersma(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "Rachot Wanmuang" <moo(at)ci(dot)garden-grove(dot)ca(dot)us>
Cc: "Los Angles PostgreSQL Users Group" <lapug(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Food for Friday's Meeting
Date: 2008-06-27 16:55:01
Lists: lapug
On Mon, Jun 23, 2008 at 2:30 PM, Rachot Wanmuang
<moo(at)ci(dot)garden-grove(dot)ca(dot)us> wrote:
> Hi Richard,
> I can help this time on the food. Does anyone prefer anything in particular?
> Or shall we do the regular, fine Italian cuisine (pizza). How many people
> should i expect?

Thanks again for the offer,  I could also pick up a Pizza as well or
if you prefer I could get some drinks instead.  I expect about 5
regular LAPUG member.  Also, Juan invited some Perl mongers to join
in, so I would expect a another three people from that "tribe".  Also,
I've posted fliers around the Cal Tech Campus.  I am not sure how many
to expect.  So I am guesstimating another 5 people.  In total, I would
expect a max of about 13-15 people.  If too many come beyond this, I
could make another pizza run during the meeting.

As far as how much to order, I think that I've over estimated the
number of pizza to purchase.  A good estimate would be about two
slices per person.  Usually, fewer persons come than I expect so there
is always plenty.  At the last meeting I purchased enough pizza so
that were would be enough for all of the Cal-Poly students that I was
expecting.  However only one showed, so there was some much left over
that each person who came could have had there own large pizza to
himself. :o)

Would you like me to do any research on local Pizzerias in the area?
Richard Broersma Jr.

Visit the Los Angles PostgreSQL Users Group (LAPUG)