Re: Proposed new libpq API

From: "Timothy H(dot) Keitt" <keitt(at)nceas(dot)ucsb(dot)edu>
To: Chris Bitmead <chrisb(at)nimrod(dot)itg(dot)telstra(dot)com(dot)au>
Cc: "pgsql-hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Proposed new libpq API
Date: 2000-07-06 00:18:50
Lists: pgsql-hackers

If I were implementing this in C++, I would have the result object
return a different generic STL iterator (forward, random access, etc.)
depending on how I wanted to access the data. Perhaps you could emulate
this in C. I generally don't like the one-interface-fits-all approach;
you get a much cleaner and extensible interface if you introduce a type
for each class of behavior being modeled.

T.

--
Timothy H. Keitt
National Center for Ecological Analysis and Synthesis