Re: DateTime fields

From: Thomas Lockhart <lockhart(at)alumni(dot)caltech(dot)edu>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Dale Anderson <danderso(at)crystalsugar(dot)com>, pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: DateTime fields
Date: 2000-06-27 01:56:36
Lists: pgsql-general

> > I noticed that the DateTime fields and
> > the to_timestamp function interpret
> > 12 PM as 00:00 and 12 AM as 12:00.
> Looks fine to me.

I'm seeing a bit of weirdness on my desktop Postgres-7.0.3 Mandrake
Linux installation, where am/pm results in a 60 second offset added to
the seconds field in the output (but also getting the 00:00/12:00 part
correct).

Same on my laptop, which has a 7.0.0 installation.

But my from-cvs installation of the current sources on the same laptop,
things look good.

I don't know why there would be a difference; afaik this code wasn't
touched recently.

- Thomas