Database replication ?

From: Loïc TREGOUËT <loic(at)ext(dot)cri74(dot)org>
Cc: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Database replication ?
Date: 2000-06-16 07:48:54
Lists: pgsql-admin

Hello ,

I was talking about PostgreSQL with one of my friend who use SQL Server
.
He ask me what about replication database in Postgresql .

Is there a way to do this :
- when a row is inserted (or deleted ...) in database1 - > automatically
the same operation is replicated on a other databse

Or a dump is necessary ?

SQL server do this internally . Thanks for your responses and don't worry
, I stay a PostgreSQL admirator .

loic(at)cri74(dot)org