Client Libraries

From: Paul McGarry <paulm(at)opentec(dot)com(dot)au>
To: pgsql-admin(at)hub(dot)org
Subject: Client Libraries
Date: 2000-06-15 22:34:43
Lists: pgsql-admin

Is there a way of compiling only the client libraries for a particular
system?

I'm thinking of the situation where I have the database running on one
machine and clients to that database (Apache/PHP4) on other machines,
possibly of a different architecture (eg a Sparc Solaris DB machine and
Linux/BSD web servers).

Do I have to compile the entirity of PostgreSQL on the web servers
just to get the client libraries installed?

Thanks,
--
Paul McGarry mailto:paulm(at)opentec(dot)com(dot)au
Systems Integrator http://www.opentec.com.au