Re: postmaster: init.d/start

From: Markus Wagner <mawagner(at)mail(dot)uni-mainz(dot)de>
To: Daniel Fairs <danfairs(at)bits(dot)bris(dot)ac(dot)uk>
Cc: pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: postmaster: init.d/start
Date: 2000-06-12 13:13:41
Lists: pgsql-sql

Hi Daniel,

thank you for your reply.

There are some unanswered questions.
Why does one have to consider multiple run levels? Doesn't run level 3
(network + X) implicate run level 2 (network)?
So if I don't use XDM (or equivalent) and the system starts with a login
shell only, it would start run level 2 services. And if I use XDM and
the system starts using X it would also load run level 2 services?

Markus