cron job INSERT appears to bail.

From: Allan Kelly <allan(dot)kelly(at)buildstore(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: "pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: cron job INSERT appears to bail.
Date: 2000-06-05 12:35:53
Lists: pgsql-sql

Hi, I have mirrored our Web site to a client's intranet, using tried and tested
techniques. Every day I generate a new file containing some table drops, some
table creates and about 7000 insert statements. This is ftp'd up to our ISP,
where a cronjob uses 'psql -f' to update the Website data. Great, all is well.

The intranet mirror for the client later grabs the file from the ISP and
attempts the same 'psql -f' but appears to stop after a few inserts. Running the
'psql -f' from the command line works just fine.

So.. what is it about the cron job that is limiting? I know this is probably a
systems issue, rather than a PostgreSQL issue per se, but I am completely
stumped. And this is all a little embarassing!

Linux Mandrake 7.0, Intel platform, postgres 6.5.2

--

# Allan Kelly http://www.plotsearch.co.uk
# (+44) (0)1506 417130 x 229