Re: SET FSYNC command?

From: Thomas Lockhart <lockhart(at)alumni(dot)caltech(dot)edu>
To: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
Cc: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, Grant Finnemore <gaf(at)ucs(dot)co(dot)za>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org, Tatsuo Ishii <t-ishii(at)sra(dot)co(dot)jp>
Subject: Re: SET FSYNC command?
Date: 2000-05-31 13:47:45
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> > The syntax is unnecessarily obscure and arse-backwards :-(.
> SET ENABLE_FSYNC TO OFF;

Hi Peter. I was noticing that several of the SET keywords have redundant
elements. In this case, istm that

SET FSYNC=ON;

would be adequate and preferred; the "ENABLE" is implied by the "ON" in
the last example. I realize that you are using a keyword style already
present, but perhaps for 7.1 we can shorten all of those keywords having
"ENABLE_"?

Comments?

- Thomas