Re: Another problem - exporting from access

From: Mike Mascari <mascarm(at)mascari(dot)com>
To: craigbe(at)ids(dot)net
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Another problem - exporting from access
Date: 2000-05-29 03:20:05
Lists: pgsql-general

CB wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I also have another problem.. I exported a table from access to my pg7
> DB but whenever I try to do ANYTHING with that table in pgsql it tells
> me Error: Relation <mytablehere> doesn't exist.
>
> What the heck is up with that?!
>
> Help! :)
>
> Craig

Whenever you export a table from Access to PostgreSQL via ODBC,
the export generates case-sensitive table and field names which
have to be quotes in PostgreSQL. So, for example, your queries in
psql would be like:

SELECT "Employees"."Employee" FROM "Employees" WHERE
"Employees"."Salary" > 100000;

instead of:

SELECT employees.employee FROM employees WHERE employees.salary >
100000;

Hope that helps,

Mike Mascari