quick (and probably dumb) question

From: ernie cline <ernie(dot)cline(at)ipgdirect(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)hub(dot)org
Subject: quick (and probably dumb) question
Date: 2000-05-23 15:48:06
Lists: pgsql-general

Hello all,
I just finished my very first postgresql installation (Version 7). I
already like it much better than oracle 8, which took me the better part
of a day to install. Anyway, I have a red-hat based VA Linux box, so I
followed the red-hat startup instructions, putting a file in
/etc/rc.d/init.d and a link in /etc/rc.d/rc5.d ... and I reconfigured
syslog so that local5.* goes to /var/log/postgres. Everything works
fine, except that postmaster messages go to /var/log/messages as well
... whats up with that? What do I have to change so that messages
doesn't get the database errors ... any help would be appreciated!
Thanks in advance.

-ernie