Re: Missing features in JDBC driver

From: Anders Bengtsson <anders(at)natakademin(dot)se>
To: Peter Mount <petermount(at)it(dot)maidstone(dot)gov(dot)uk>, pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Missing features in JDBC driver
Date: 2000-05-15 13:43:38
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

Peter Mount wrote:

> Yes the stream support was a victim of other things here taking
> priority. I'm working on trying to get more time to dedicate to JDBC, so
> this one should be the first.

That would be great! I've found that the "strange" way PostgreSQL
handles BLOBs is the major showstopper for changing from another RDBMS.

> As for the metadata, which methods are you using? A majority of the
> DatabaseMetaData and ResultSetMetaData are implemented. There are a few
> which are not done, but you should get an SQLException saying "Not yet
> Implemented".

I'm actually not sure, since the application server is doing all the
interfacing with the database and is not that good at providing useful
error messages... I could possibly try to add some debugging messages in
the JDBC driver to find out which methods it is using.

> Peter
>
> --
> Peter Mount
> Enterprise Support
> Maidstone Borough Council
> Any views stated are my own, and not those of Maidstone Borough Council.

/Anders
A n d e r s B e n g t s s o n anders(at)natakademin(dot)se
http://www.natakademin.se/