Re: psql \l error

From: SAKAIDA Masaaki <sakaida(at)psn(dot)co(dot)jp>
To: Hiroshi Inoue <Inoue(at)tpf(dot)co(dot)jp>
Cc: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org, Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
Subject: Re: psql \l error
Date: 2000-05-04 01:54:21
Lists: pgsql-hackers

"Hiroshi Inoue" <Inoue(at)tpf(dot)co(dot)jp> wrote:

> [...]

Sorry for my 10*poor English ;-)
I understand what you meant.

> There's already your pgbash that keeps backward compatibility.

In the next release pgbash-2.1(pgbash is a tool like bash+psql),

pgbash(7.0-libpq) can talk to 6.5/7.0-server.
and pgbash(6.5-libpq) can talk to 6.5/7.0-server.

pgbash will keep backward and forward compatibility as much as
possible.

--
Regard,
SAKAIDA Masaaki -- Osaka, Japan