Re: How to run PostgreSQL?

From: Jan Muhammad <janmuhd(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: Ray Stell <stellr(at)cns(dot)vt(dot)edu>
Cc: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: How to run PostgreSQL?
Date: 2009-05-07 15:19:48
Lists: pgsql-admin

Hi,

Yes I had done that step prior to writing on group. But now if I try to re-run I get the following error:

[postgres(at)callisto local]$ initdb -D /usr/local/pgsql/data

The files belonging to this database system will be owned by user "postgres".

The database cluster will be initialized with locale en_US.UTF-8.
The default database encoding has accordingly been set to UTF8.

initdb: directory "/usr/local/pgsql/data" exists but is not empty
If you want to create a new database system, either remove or empty
the directory "/usr/local/pgsql/data" or run initdb
with an argument other than "/usr/local/pgsql/data"

Wonder what step I have missed?

-Jan Muhammad