Re: Why Not MySQL?

From: Thomas Lockhart <lockhart(at)alumni(dot)caltech(dot)edu>
To: The Hermit Hacker <scrappy(at)hub(dot)org>, Tim Uckun <Malcontent(at)msgto(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Why Not MySQL?
Date: 2000-05-03 04:12:37
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> > If I can't get my questions answered about case sensitivity issues here
> > (no help so far) I will most likely to use it myself.

My recollection is that it involved needing non-standard
case-insensitive LIKE comparisons to get transparent behavior with an
existing M$ Access app. So far, we were too polite to ask why one is
working so hard to maintain compatibility with a non-standard
interface, rather than writing the app to be portable. But I'll ask
now. Tim?

- Thomas

btw, it seems to be the case that problems such as these, which might
be interesting during slow times (from a theoretical standpoint at
least), are decidely less so during the final stages of a release
cycle.

South Pasadena, California