Re: clutering/mirroring in Postgresql

From: brad <brad(at)kieser(dot)net>
To: Ram <rrk(at)srasys(dot)co(dot)in>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: clutering/mirroring in Postgresql
Date: 2000-03-31 19:45:08
Lists: pgsql-general

Ram wrote:

> hi,
> is there any way by which we can mirror a pg database? or cluster a pg
> database? i want high availability for the pg database. if one machine
> goes down then the other mirror should take over. is it possible to
> acheive it?

I am working on this problem as well.

At the moment we are thing of doing it by using triggers, but there needs
to be a more general solution.
FYI, Ingres does its replication through database procedures! Yes, you
read that correctly!

Perhaps a great interim step would be to write an auto-generator for
triggers that can be run on a database to create the necessary triggers
to set up datbase replication.