Re: [INTERFACES] Seeking advice on how to deal with the dreaded stuck spinlock problem on NT

From: Dan Rosner <rosner(at)scn(dot)org>
To: Hiroshi Inoue <Inoue(at)tpf(dot)co(dot)jp>
Cc: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: [INTERFACES] Seeking advice on how to deal with the dreaded stuck spinlock problem on NT
Date: 2000-02-02 17:34:05
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

Hiroshi Inoue wrote:

> [...]

Thanks for your suggestion. It leads me to another question.

I built up Postgres 6.5.3 on NT using Kevin Lo's instructions, which
didn't mention applying the patch you describe to the Cygwin32 IPC
Package by Ludovic LANGE . However, I just looked at the Microsoft
NT FAQ on postgresql.org, and now see there is a patch appended to the
end
of the NT installation instructions. The instructions say to...

3. Apply the patch at the end of this file to the cygipc sources
before compiling the library.

This may be my problem. I assumed the patch was already in 6.5.3,
though now
I'm not sure how to apply the patch. Would someone mind telling me the
command line to use? It seems I should save the patch to somefile and
then do something like this in the root of the cygipc sources:

patch -p0 < somefile

Is this correct? Assuming the patch was correctly applied, I would then
just configure, make and install my binaries again. And hopefully the
spinlock problem will go away. Is this the correct way to apply the
patch?

Dan