Re: [GENERAL] max(oid)

From: Thomas Lockhart <lockhart(at)alumni(dot)caltech(dot)edu>
To: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
Cc: Jose Soares <jose(at)sferacarta(dot)com>, pgsql-general(at)postgreSQL(dot)org, Postgres Hackers List <hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [GENERAL] max(oid)
Date: 2000-01-25 02:16:23
Lists: pgsql-general pgsql-hackers

> > We need also aggregates for data type TIME
> > MAX(time)
> > MIN(time)
> Thomas, do you think this could be done?

Sure. I'm really stacked up on the ToDo list for 7.0, but it would
only take a couple of hours end to end to get this done (probably less
actually).

A related topic: we should discuss having a real "time with timezone"
type for SQL92 compatibility. It is completely useless imho, since the
SQL92 definition of time zone is so brain damaged (only a constant
hour offset, no concept of daylight savings time, no date context
associated with a time field, etc etc etc). Currently, we swallow the
"with time zone" without comment...

- Thomas

South Pasadena, California