Re: [INTERFACES] PgAccess

From: Constantin Teodorescu <teo(at)flex(dot)ro>
To: Andrei Cenja <romtur(at)starnets(dot)ro>, PostgreSQL Interfaces <pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [INTERFACES] PgAccess
Date: 2000-01-14 09:38:07
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

Andrei Cenja wrote:

> I've just installed PgAccess for Windows (w95), and I'm connected to a
> Samba server on a Linux box (RHL 6.0), which also runs PostgreSQL 6.4.2
>
> I've previously installed Tcl/Tk 8.0.4 for windows, and I followed the
> steps recommended for installing PgAccess in that configuration.
>
> My computer is a dual (W95/Linux) machine, and from Linux I can easily
> connect to the other machine (which hosts the pgsql server) with psql.
>
> However, when I try to connect from w95 using PgAccess, using the same
> options (host,database,user,pwd) as when using psql, it gives an error
> message:
>
> "PostgreSQL error message:Connection to the database failed
> User authentication failed"
>
> Why does that happen, since I use the same options I use from Linux ?
> Andrei Cenja, Bucharest, Romania.

Seems pretty strange for two romanians speaking english on the
PostgreSQL interfaces list in order to help each other :-) but ...

If everything is ok (match for PostgreSQL backend + Tcl/Tk version +
DLL's) then my first thought is :

do you have the same IP address on the win95 as for Linux?

Second idea: give full access for the whole class with trust to all
databases on the PostgreSQL server in order to check if it works!

Then ... (write directly to me teo(at)flex(dot)ro) :-)

Best regards,
Teo