PgAccess

From: Andrei Cenja <romtur(at)starnets(dot)ro>
To: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: PgAccess
Date: 2000-01-14 08:28:10
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

I've just installed PgAccess for Windows (w95), and I'm connected to a
Samba server on a Linux box (RHL 6.0), which also runs PostgreSQL 6.4.2

I've previously installed Tcl/Tk 8.0.4 for windows, and I followed the
steps recommended for installing PgAccess in that configuration.

My computer is a dual (W95/Linux) machine, and from Linux I can easily
connect to the other machine (which hosts the pgsql server) with psql.

However, when I try to connect from w95 using PgAccess, using the same
options (host,database,user,pwd) as when using psql, it gives an error
message:

"PostgreSQL error message:Connection to the database failed
User authentication failed"

Why does that happen, since I use the same options I use from Linux ?

Andrei Cenja, Bucharest, Romania.