Re: [INTERFACES] PostODBC 6.40.0006 to PostgreSQL 6.5.3 read only

From: Didier Gasser-Morlay <didierg(at)visualgroup(dot)com>
To: Gary Stainburn <gary(dot)stainburn(at)ringways(dot)co(dot)uk>
Cc: "'Pgsql Interfaces'" <pgsql-interfaces(at)postgreSQL(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [INTERFACES] PostODBC 6.40.0006 to PostgreSQL 6.5.3 read only
Date: 2000-01-10 17:10:29
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

Gary Stainburn wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I've just downloaded and installed PostODBC, and got it working with MS Excel/MS Query quite easily.
>
> After much messing, which I probably couldn't easily replicate, I got it working with Borland Delphi 3 Professional.
>
> My problems are:
>
> 1) I don't know how I got it working and therefore cannot replicate it.
> 2) Despite having READ/WRITE access in the ODBC, and ReadOnly=False in Delphi, I can only open read-only connections (MS Query is also read-only).

> My questions:
> 1) Does anyone have/know of idiot configuration instructions.
1. Install the posDrv.exe (you've done that)
2. in Settings/Control panel/32 bits ODBC click on ADD to create a new
datasource
2.1 choose PostgreSql as the driver click finish
2.2 a new window appears fill i

Datasource: The name you will be presented with when you'll want to use
thais datasourrce
Database/server/username are quite obvious.
(NOTE Make sure that your station is allowed to connect under that
username to PostgreSql (there is a file in the directory where
postgresql stored it's data that you MUST adjust in order to be allowed
to connect to PG. Beware that this file is read-only,m you must Chmod +
to it. )

Click on Options(Advanced) for the datasource and unchecked the
read-only.

this should be it.

HTH

Didier
Any views or opinions are solely those of the author and do not
necessarily
represent those of Visual Communications Group or its principal
operating
divisions (FPG, Telegraph Colour Library, Planet Earth Pictures,
Colorific!, Pix, Giraudon, Bavaria Bildagentur).
which
it is addressed, and may contain confidential and/or privileged
material.
If you are not the intended recipient of this message, please do not
read,
copy, use or disclose this communication; and please notify the sender
immediately. It should be noted that any review, retransmission,
dissemination or other use of, or taking action in reliance upon, this
prohibited.