Multiple Server

From: iwan der schreckliche <karl(dot)michael(dot)schmid(at)01019freenet(dot)de>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Multiple Server
Date: 2000-01-08 14:36:42
Lists: pgsql-admin

Hello,

is it possible, to use multiple PC's running Linux and Postgres-Server
accessing the same Database? The Database-Files are on a HA-Filesystem
(GFS or Coda). Theoretically this must be possible, but I dont know, how
Postgres handle InterProcessCommunication on different Server. Are there
any Problems with mutiple Postmaster accessing the same Database in
write situations?

Another Question: My Linux-Machine has 128 MB Ram, but the Kernel is
configured only for 32 MB shared memory. What is the optimal value for
shared memory?

thanks for any help.

Michael Schmid