Please Define Supported/Unsupported

From: Ricardo Davis <rcdavis(at)intermedia(dot)com>
To: webmaster(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Cc: dkulrich(at)intermedia(dot)com, pgsql-ports(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Please Define Supported/Unsupported
Date: 1999-12-29 23:04:34
Lists: pgsql-ports

On the features comparison chart
(http://www.postgresql.org/doxlist.html) you specify whether pgsql 6.5.3
is supported or unsupported on a number of platforms. This list says
that this version is not supported for Linux/Sparc systems, however
RedHat's latest distribution has RPMs for version 6.5.2. So does
"unsupported" mean "not for public release"? Or does the PostgreSQL
team plan to ever maintain current versions for the Linux/Sparc
platform? This is important since I have some Linux/Sparc systems, and
I'd like to implement some applications that use pgsql as a DBMS. If
there will be no further development for Linux/Sparc then I'll need to
change my application's specifications.

Ricardo

Intermedia Communications
Ricardo Davis Comactiv Billing Operations
770-980-6000(Office) 770-980-6003(Fax)
mailto:rcdavis(at)intermedia(dot)com http://www.intermedia.com/