query buffer max length of 16384 exceeded

From: pawel <pgajer(at)chow(dot)mat(dot)jhu(dot)edu>
To: pgsql-general(at)hub(dot)org
Subject: query buffer max length of 16384 exceeded
Date: 1999-12-18 03:24:43
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi,
I have a problem with populating the following table

CREATE TABLE ybsc_note -- The Bright Star Catalogue Notes
( nid int NOT NULL, -- local id
ybscid int NOT NULL, -- YBSC id number
cat char(4), -- Category
rem char(120), -- Remark
primary key(nid)
);

note that rem field is char(120), so it is relatively big.
After inserting about 266 entries into this table I am getting the
error message:

> query buffer max length of 16384 exceeded

Do you know how can I chang the size of the query buffer or do
something else to fix this problem?

thanks a lot
pawel